On-line study tests for waves
Sound Book done in class for grade Monday and Tuesday
Wednesday and Thursday review of waves
Friday Test waves
Need lab supplies next week for electricity. We will begin magetism on Tuesday Jan. 17
No school on Monday 16th Martin Luther King day
Study for electricity magnetism test at the end of january!!!!
Magnetism and electricity
finishing novel-Phoenix Rising this week (hopefully) :)
Monday-finish energy unit with a lab
Tuesday-Begin wave unit with drawing a wave and notes
Wednesday- mechanical demonstrate transverse and longitudinal
Thursday-lab for waves
Friday-What is an EM wave?
Monday-Define work and give units, calculations for total energy, formula for kenetic energy and potential energy. Worksheet due Wed. for energy review
Tuesday-Read all class period from "Phoenix Rising" If finished, read own book
Wednesday-Take wsheet given on Monday for grade Begin intro to waves
Thursday-Draw wave and label, demonstrate some waves from video
Friday-Gas laws and fluid movement
Monday vocab for energy
Tuesday-lab with bouncy balss
Wenesday-worksheets to cement learning
Thursday-video and discuss
Friday -computer lab to research for debate
Lab on Monday with calcium chloride and water
Tuesday and Wednesday getting ready for test
Frriday begin book "Phoenix Rising"
Study for test
Assigned a research project due on12/12
Monday-write essay and have someone proof it. 2nd period some still reading even though we have been reading for weeks. Project due Tuesday Essay due to be finished by Friday (3 7-8 sentence/paragraphs-need minimum 3 paragraphs)
Wednesday-intoduce pH scale
Thursday benchmark test time left-CRCT book review
Friday pH lab Test Thursday 20th
Thursday 29th notes
Polyatomic Ions to Memorize
NH4 +1 ammonium
CO3 -2 carbonate
PO4 -3 phosphate
PO3 -3 -phosphite
NO3 -1 nitate
NO2 -1 nitrite
Chemical Equation Types
Reactants yield Products
Catalysts speed up or start chemical reactions (such as heat)
Type 1 Synthesis
A+ B yields AB
ex : Na+Cl yields NaCl
Type 2 Decompositon or Disacassociation
AB yields A+B
ex: NaCl yields Na+Cl
#1 type and # 2 types are opposites
Type 3 Single Replacement
AB+ CD yields AD + CB
Ex NaCl + F yields NaF+ Cl
Type 4 Double Replacement
AB+CD yields AD+ CB
ex: NaCl + KF yields NaF + KCl
The Cloud Chamber
Due at end of book
Choose one: Write clearly with complete and correct sentences. Word process or be above average in neatness and creativity.
- Find all the references to the time period in which this book was set (idea-television shows is one). Research 8 of them on the internet and write a 2-3 sentence blurb on each of them. Go back now and write the ideas you see in the first part of the book. What year do you think it was? Word process, 12 fonts, double space in a legible font.
- Create a poem that Junie might write several years later about her memories of Daddy and her feelings about what happened to him. Needs to be word processed, double spaced, 12 font legibly. The poem needs to be at least one full page word processed or two hand written.
- Research and write a report on a cloud chamber. Explain details of how and why it works. 1 page, 12 font that is legible, double space.
- Make a children’s book with at least 20 written pages ( small amount of words that a 3rd or 4th grade child would
understand) and 10 illustrations.
- Write a reflection journal about feelings and state of mind about Dad or Nate of both. This needs to be at least 3 pages and be written in journal form that is word processed.
- Make a working cloud chamber and present to the class. Write up materials list and processes used to make the cloud chamber.
- Draw a detailed, creative, colored and colored map of the farm, the school, the school bus and the police cruisers. Label everything.
- Create your own project, and get it approved by me.
Ions to memorizes
Be familiar with the atomic theory and the scientist who helped with various aspects of the theory.
Begin studying the following elements.
Memorize the atomic number, the symbol and the element name.
Hydrogen H #1
Helium He #2
The following you wil need to use a periodic table to find all of the components to know.
Lithium Aluminum Silicon Phosophorus
Carbon Oxygen Neon Sodium Magnesium
Sulfur Chlorine Potassium Calcium Iron
Nickel Copper Bromine Gold Silver
Lead Mercury Beryillium Nitrogen Flourine