Visual Arts/Comprehensive 1 – (Art Intro) Syllabus
Instructor: Mr. R. Carr Room # - 5018 School Front Office # - (770)-949-9221 Email:RCarr@paulding.k12.ga.us
- The vocabulary and language of art
- The elements of art and principles of design
- Art criticism and theories of art
- Use of media, methods and techniques to create art
- Historical periods of art
- Classroom Conduct – Be present for class, take part in discussions, and use time wisely during class.
- Participation – You should demonstrate active participation by completing all sketches, work-sheets, journal/sketchbook entries, and major art projects.
- Responsibilities – Be responsible with art equipment, art supplies, and keeping your work area clean.
- Respect – Respect for instructor, classmates, yourself, and art materials.
Recommended Art Materials:
- (9x12) or (8½x11) inch Spiral Sketchbook
- Colored Pencils – 36 pack
- Crayola 8-Pack Markers
- Plenty of #2 Pencils and Erasers
- Classroom Folder
- Glue Sticks
-Includes: All Major Art Projects including Clean Up and Group Critique
-Includes: Sketchbook Assignments, Vocab Quizzes, Folder Checks, and Class Participation
- Midterm/Final – (20% - averaged into student’s final grade)
-Includes: Midterm Examination and Final Class Examination
Incomplete assignments will be averaged in as a “0”.