School Bus Activity Print Outs
Students riding a bus should always:
- Arrive at the bus five minutes early.
- Stand at least 5 giant (10 feet) away from the edge of the road.
- Wait until the bus stops, the door opens, and the driver says it’s okay before stepping onto the bus.
- Be careful that clothing with drawstrings and book bags with straps or dangling objects do not get caught in the handrail or door when exiting the bus.
- Check both ways for cars before stepping off the bus.
Crossing students should:
- Walk in front of the bus; never walk behind the bus.
- Walk on the sidewalk or along the side of the road to a point at least 10 giant steps ahead of the bus.
- Be sure the bus driver can see you, and you can see the bus driver.
- Wait for the bus driver’s signal to cross.