Paulding County School District Electronic Web Access Agreement for Viewing Student Information
The Paulding County School District (PCSD) manages student information electronically and will make student records available for viewing to authorized parents/guardians through a secure connection over the Internet. All eligible parents/guardians will comply with the PCSD’s Internet use regulations and all technology regulations/procedures, as well as other district policies that may apply.
Electronic Access to Student Information Regulation
The PCSD uses a secure Internet site to enable electronic access to student information. All users of the Parent Portal understand that this is a private network for which account activity is electronically recorded. All users of Parent Portal consent to electronic monitoring of account activity.
PCSD reserves the right to add, modify, or delete functions viewed via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal at any time without notice, including, but not limited to, the functions listed below.
- Class Schedule
- Student Grades
The district reserves the right to limit or terminate use of the site without notice.
Use of the System
Parents/guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1) Parents/guardians will act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
2) Parents/guardians will not attempt to modify, harm, or destroy the school or district data or network.
3) Parents/guardians will not attempt to access an account assigned to another user.
4) Parents/guardians will not use the information on this portal for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
5) Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the portal should notify the director of technology or district webmaster immediately.
6) Account holders are responsible for protecting their passwords.
7) Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
1) Access is made available with a secure Internet site.
2) Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account.
3) Users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
4) A Parent Portal account will be deactivated when the parent/guardian no longer has a child actively enrolled in the PCSD or when a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.
Limitation of District Liability
The PCSD will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The district will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that might compromise their student’s information. Each school will make every attempt to ensure that information is accurate and complete. If parent/guardians discover inaccurate information, they will notify their school immediately. They may be required to provide proof of the inaccurate information. The district does not promise any particular level or method of access to the site for viewing student information. The district will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the district’s system or the Internet.