NEBO PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
"Schooling for Success"
Established in 1897, PTA is the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. Since its founding, the National PTA and its state branches, districts, councils and local units have played an integral role in establishing, maintaining and safeguarding programs and policies that promote the health, safety, nutrition, welfare, protection and education of children.
PTA objectives include:
- Promoting the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and places of worship.
- Raising the standards of home life.
- Securing adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bringing into closer relation the home and the school, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- Developing between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The PTA mission is:
- to support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- to assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- to encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of the nation.