Paulding County School District Info:
Watch our District overview video to learn more about Paulding County.
There are 33 schools in the Paulding County School District:
- Elementary: 20
- Middle: 8
- High School: 5
Every Paulding County school has an active Parent Teacher Association (PTA) or Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), as well as a Partners in Education program and School Council.
Student Enrollment: 28,000 approx.
Students make up 20% of the county’s population, while children under the age of 18 comprise 30% of the county’s population.
Nearly 2,000 elementary students attend the After School Program each day.
24% of students in grades 7 through 12 participate in athletic programs.
Approximately 9% of elementary and middle school students participate in the Venture program for gifted children.
32% of 2006 Paulding County School District High School Graduates were eligible for the HOPE Scholarship.
99.4% of Paulding County School District teachers are considered “Highly Qualified” by the No Child Left Behind Act.
Per-pupil expenditures : $7,763
The operation of the District is financed primarily from state taxes, local property taxes and SPLOST dollars.
School District Honors and Achievements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Georgia School of Excellence – W. C. Abney Elementary
- Georgia School of Excellence – Paulding County High School
- Nationally Recognized Alternative School Program
- Awarded District of Excellence in Child Nutrition by the School Nutrition Association.
Industry Certified Vocational Programs:
- Automotive Technology
- AgriScience Technology
- Business Education
- Childcare (State and National)
- Construction Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Health Occupations
- Marketing Education
County Related Links